Happy July (shhhh – its still technically July!) Lots of exciting things have been happening in CoHLand and we’re happy to bring you an episode chock full of newsy goodness!
In this episode we discuss:
This episode we take a break from XPXPing to bring you some news, patch notes, and the (almost!) final installment of the IO Sets feature.
Clicky to see the full text for Part 4 of Fantastic Foe’s IO Sets feature
Continue reading “Episode 43 – News, Notes, and IO Sets Part 4”
Today we have another halfcast, with some announcements and news, news, news. Following in a few days will be two Accolade Spotlights and your feedback!
Announcement: Congratulations to our Playing For Keeps novel contest winner: Brian Kotarski!!
Promo: Chris Lester’s Arise High School fund
Attached is the full PDF of Mur Lafferty’s Playing For Keeps novel with the bonus story- PARASITE AWAKENS
He likes Pallas. He likes who he is when he experiences her life out of her eyes. And now he looks through her eyes at his own sleeping brown face as she peers at him through the crystal porthole in his stasis chamber.
After twenty years, Parasite will wake up.
Don’t forget to purchase the print edition of Playing For Keeps from Amazon.com on Monday, August 25, 2008 !! If you’d like to buy a copy its important to wait until that date to help push it up the Amazon charts enabling higher visibility of this awesome book!
And don’t forget to enter our contest to win a signed copy of the novel!! But you gotta hurry- we need to receive your e-mail w/ name, address, and age (over 18, please) by midnight tonight (5/23/2008)!!
In this special episode we interview Mur Lafferty – author of the new novel from Swarm Press “Playing for Keeps”
This is another super sized episode that is getting split into two. So, this first chunk contains tons of news, and our special feature on the Shadow Shard.
In a couple days will come show notes, linkage, and another episode dedicated to listener feedback.
Promo: Playing For Keeps (Novel hitting Amazon on August 25th!)
Sorry for the delay.. XPXP Weekend got the best of us, and work unexpectedly had me hopping the whole week after so we never had time to record!
This episode we discuss:
- T-shirt status
- Contest is almost over – get your submissions in by Jul 31, 2008!: Win a copy of the debut issue of comic book Twilight Guardian by Troy Hickman! The rules are as follows:
- Send an Email, starting immediately to email@example.com
- We will do 2 random drawings, and Troy will mail them to the winners.
- Make sure you include the subject: “Twilight Guardian Contest”; your full name; age (over 18); and complete mailing address.
- If we draw you name and don’t have that info, we will go to the next name we draw.
- Also, specify how you want it signed- either with just Troy’s signature, or with your name/character name/ or inscribed to your Aunt Fannie.
- Podcaste Global channel
- Podcaste SG
- Listener meet-up – Again, we’ll be hitting the troll caves in Hollows at the next meet-up, so you need a level 12 to join us. We’ll be split up into teams again, but will be all together this time.
- Double XP weekend
- Special Episode coming up w/Mur Lafferty – Submit questions for Mighty Mur!
- CoH News
- NPC Complaints
- Promo: Double Trouble
All of the patch notes detail what changes are happening on the Test Server and we really hope that some of them go live before the double XP weekend. Probably unrealistic, but there is some cool stuff going on in there! Of course, there is no guarantee that the stuff being tested will ever make it to the live game.
- Changes to powers for various archetypes (lots for Forcefield Controllers, but some for tankers, blasters, and Kheldians)
- Information on “XP curve adjustments” to help with those tough levels
- The “combat attribute window” and “attribute monitor”
- The CoH Planner
- Changes to base storage tracking
- Some small changes to the User Interface
- Don’t forget – Double XP happens this weekend Starting Friday, February 8, 2008 at 8:59am PST / 11:59am EST and ending Sunday, February 10, 2008 at 8:59pm PST / 11:59pm EST
- Listener Feedback
- New Promo: Playing For Keeps
This week we bring a Newscast with lots of forumy goodness. Then we get caught up with comments and voicemails!
- The 2008 State of the Game
- The “City Vault”
- The next double XP weekend and server hardware improvements
- Valentine’s Day event
- Smoothing the XP curve
- “Real Numbers”
- City of Heroes Fanzine
- Fanzine Submission Webpage
- Changes to Moment of Glory coming
- In-game mail spam
- Promo: Playing for Keeps
The main topic this episode is teaming strategies. Specifically, what the roles on a team are, and the typical way that these roles are used to most effectively take down the bad guys.
Only two news clips this episode. First, Floyd “Castle” Grubb, the City of Heroes Development Team powers designer, narrates this trailer spotlighting the all-new power sets introduced in Issue 11: “A Stitch in Time.” The video also briefly touches on Issue 11’s new Weapon Customization feature.
Second is information on the Wonder Woman movie being placed on “indefinite hold”.
I play a promo in this episode for the new free podcast novel “Playing For Keeps“. This is a modern day story of super heroes; super villains; and third wave almost-heroes who are stuck in between. The story is written by the ‘grand dame of podcasting’ Mur Lafferty.
Mur currently hosts two podcasts: I Should Be Writing, for aspiring fiction writers, and Geek Fu Action Grip. This is her first novel; though she has been frequently published in role playing games, video games, and short story forms.
I highly encourage you to give it a listen. Mur is a masterful storyteller. And hey, if you subscribe to the “Playing For Keeps Experience” feed, there is a PDF version of each chapter with a picture of a pie on the cover! Pie I say!