This is a bit of a continuation from last episodes information on different character builds. A listener specifically requested information on building a good healer which is why the healing Defender is discussed in-depth here.
As we go over in the episode, we are aware that Defenders are much more than healers (that they indeed are more buffers/debuffers than healers), but since there was a request specifically about healing, here it is.
In this episode we discuss:
- Some quick news (Rikti portal XP update, and a contentious TF/SF change)
- Villain Strike Force information
- New Valentine mish in Atlas Park
- Information about the Manticore/Sister Psyche wedding event
- Our Defender/Healer disclaimer 🙂
- Listener feedback
- Another request for SGs to promote – here is your chance to get your SG some exposure and recruit some new blood! Send us your SG details: Name, Server, Website if you have one, the type of SG it is (role play, farming, PVP, etc.), and how to contact you in-game.
- Also, let us know a preferred day/time for an in-game meet up!
- Promo: Geeklabel Radio
Love is in the air!
This is an exciting week, Heroes! Lots going on, so this episode is our longest. Buckle up and enjoy!
Then, because we don’t know when enough is enough, we allow ourselves to have a feature discussion after being inspired by questions from a listener. We discuss powers and enhancement slotting as we prefer them.
- Disclaimer on the possibility that Real Numbers will make all of this moot.
- Discussion on archetypes and builds, and how we personally play them.
- Traditional roles of different archetypes within a team.
- Our rule of thumb on slotting enhancements.
- Hero Planners: Joe Chott’s Hero Planner, Mid’s Hero Designer and Sucker Punch’s Hero Planner for guidance on the effects of enhancements in different slots
- Hero Stats
Promo: Geek Acres
Next episode: Scheduled to be a News episode. If there is no news we will discuss the defender/healer roles as requested by a listener!
All of the patch notes detail what changes are happening on the Test Server and we really hope that some of them go live before the double XP weekend. Probably unrealistic, but there is some cool stuff going on in there! Of course, there is no guarantee that the stuff being tested will ever make it to the live game.
- Changes to powers for various archetypes (lots for Forcefield Controllers, but some for tankers, blasters, and Kheldians)
- Information on “XP curve adjustments” to help with those tough levels
- The “combat attribute window” and “attribute monitor”
- The CoH Planner
- Changes to base storage tracking
- Some small changes to the User Interface
- Don’t forget – Double XP happens this weekend Starting Friday, February 8, 2008 at 8:59am PST / 11:59am EST and ending Sunday, February 10, 2008 at 8:59pm PST / 11:59pm EST
- Listener Feedback
- New Promo: Playing For Keeps