This is a bit of a continuation from last episodes information on different character builds. A listener specifically requested information on building a good healer which is why the healing Defender is discussed in-depth here.
As we go over in the episode, we are aware that Defenders are much more than healers (that they indeed are more buffers/debuffers than healers), but since there was a request specifically about healing, here it is.
In this episode we discuss:
- Some quick news (Rikti portal XP update, and a contentious TF/SF change)
- Villain Strike Force information
- New Valentine mish in Atlas Park
- Information about the Manticore/Sister Psyche wedding event
- Our Defender/Healer disclaimer 🙂
- Listener feedback
- Another request for SGs to promote – here is your chance to get your SG some exposure and recruit some new blood! Send us your SG details: Name, Server, Website if you have one, the type of SG it is (role play, farming, PVP, etc.), and how to contact you in-game.
- Also, let us know a preferred day/time for an in-game meet up!
- Promo: Geeklabel Radio
Love is in the air!
This is an exciting week, Heroes! Lots going on, so this episode is our longest. Buckle up and enjoy!
Then, because we don’t know when enough is enough, we allow ourselves to have a feature discussion after being inspired by questions from a listener. We discuss powers and enhancement slotting as we prefer them.
- Disclaimer on the possibility that Real Numbers will make all of this moot.
- Discussion on archetypes and builds, and how we personally play them.
- Traditional roles of different archetypes within a team.
- Our rule of thumb on slotting enhancements.
- Hero Planners: Joe Chott’s Hero Planner, Mid’s Hero Designer and Sucker Punch’s Hero Planner for guidance on the effects of enhancements in different slots
- Hero Stats
Promo: Geek Acres
Next episode: Scheduled to be a News episode. If there is no news we will discuss the defender/healer roles as requested by a listener!
This week we bring a Newscast with lots of forumy goodness. Then we get caught up with comments and voicemails!
- The 2008 State of the Game
- The “City Vault”
- The next double XP weekend and server hardware improvements
- Valentine’s Day event
- Smoothing the XP curve
- “Real Numbers”
- City of Heroes Fanzine
- Fanzine Submission Webpage
- Changes to Moment of Glory coming
- In-game mail spam
- Promo: Playing for Keeps