We start out with our usual dash of news from the forums. Rather than one main topic, however, we focus on some of the shorter topics recently suggested in our forums.
Love is in the air!
This is an exciting week, Heroes! Lots going on, so this episode is our longest. Buckle up and enjoy!
Then, because we don’t know when enough is enough, we allow ourselves to have a feature discussion after being inspired by questions from a listener. We discuss powers and enhancement slotting as we prefer them.
- Disclaimer on the possibility that Real Numbers will make all of this moot.
- Discussion on archetypes and builds, and how we personally play them.
- Traditional roles of different archetypes within a team.
- Our rule of thumb on slotting enhancements.
- Hero Planners: Joe Chott’s Hero Planner, Mid’s Hero Designer and Sucker Punch’s Hero Planner for guidance on the effects of enhancements in different slots
- Hero Stats
Promo: Geek Acres
Next episode: Scheduled to be a News episode. If there is no news we will discuss the defender/healer roles as requested by a listener!
Kind of the opposite from the last two episodes – this one is very, very short. Actually we’re calling it Episode 4.5 as it completes the main topic “Powers” from last episode.
There wasn’t any significant news this week either, which added to the shortness (wait, is that an oxymoron?)
This ep we cover:
- A brief explanation of content that was cut
- One correction
- Target selection
- Power activation methods
Another long episode this week. I actually pulled some content out so that we didn’t go past the hour mark. I will either release them into a short addendum episode this weekend, or make them the main topic next week.
This week we discuss:
- The date has been announced for the Prestige Bump and Debt Wipe (December 10)
- Further information on receiving temp powers again with the new Ouroborus time travel system (item echoes)
- Respec recipies and how they’ll drop in i11
- Faction Highlight: The Circle of Thorns
- Main topic: Powers
- Power requirements/attributes