Read post below from Lighthouse in the forums…
In the spirit of giving! More Prestige!
#9809474 – 12/11/07 12:23 PM
In the words of Oliver Twist, “Please, Sir, can I have some more?”
With this morning’s maintenance, we had intended to run the prestige grant and debt wipe on the Training Room Test Servers. However, it looks like some villains snuck in and crossed a few wires and it was applied to all the live servers.
Oh well! We hope you all enjoy the added bonus!
Community Relations Manager
Viv verified earlier today that one of our SGs indeed jumped from a 3 million influx to a 6 million influx. It will be interesting to hear how many SG leaders immediately did a purge of “filler” members right after the initial prestige grant, only to miss out on the metric ton of icing on the cake!
In addition to this flub, the devs actually released the defiance changes, animation changes, and delivered two new costume sets today! Yep, there’s your sneak peak on our next news cast 🙂
Oh, and in case you didn’t notice the bright red letters to the left, we now have a proper voicemail line. Feel free to give us a ring and leave comments, feedback, suggestions, or corrections: 206-338-2911
… and just news. After editing we came to a couple of conclusions. 1) the podcast is too long – wait, we already knew that – but despite attempts, its even longer than the last one, lol. 2) there is too much news right now to keep the Factions discussion as well as news and a main topic.
In light of this, we are going to take a page out of The Command Line‘s playbook and split the podcast into two weekly episodes. At least for the foreseeable future. The first weekly episode (the one attached) will be all news – both about the game, and what’s going on with us. The second weekly episode will be a main topic.
The combined length will still be around an hour and all told will contain the same content, just in more digestible sizes. Also, people that only like one type of content or the other can ignore the files of the type they don’t like.
Let us know what you think!
This episode contains info about:
- i11 launched
- Badge Overload
- Referral program
- Free 14 day trial – with no credit card required
- Defiance changes coming
- a little more about animation timing changes
- Feedback on custom weapons
- Remote contact store bug (get while the gettin’s good 🙂
- New Statesman Taskforce/Lord Recluse Taskforce badge
- You can find in depth information on the Official Forums
- Another new CoH Podcast called Jerk Radio
- Hiatus for the Faction highlight segment
- Promo – Space Casey
Another long episode this week. I actually pulled some content out so that we didn’t go past the hour mark. I will either release them into a short addendum episode this weekend, or make them the main topic next week.
This week we discuss:
- The date has been announced for the Prestige Bump and Debt Wipe (December 10)
- Further information on receiving temp powers again with the new Ouroborus time travel system (item echoes)
- Respec recipies and how they’ll drop in i11
- Faction Highlight: The Circle of Thorns
- Main topic: Powers
- Power requirements/attributes